Sweetened Greetings



Can't you just feel it?  The air is charged now with a buzz of electricity.  The pace of life is quickening.  Everywhere you go there's a little more traffic to get there. and a little less parking when you arrive.  Oh, yeah, and a little less time every day to do everything you've so carefully entered on your "To do" list.  Yikes!!

So I'm really trying to simplify my gift-giving this year. Okay, I say it every year, and then I somehow panic and step right into the buying frenzy.  Now, I must admit that I love to shop.  The real in-the-store kind of shopping.  Touching all of the merchandise kind of gets my creative juices moving and grooving.

But this year I'm giving foodie finds to the ones I love and appreciate.  So here's a neat little idea to share with your bestie, your honey, your neighbor, your co-worker, or anyone within driving distance. Grab a pint of the most rich and decadent ice cream you can find, two spoons, and eat together right out of the carton.  You can chit chat, dish politics, unwind, share a movie, or bare your soul.

My ice cream "giving" find is at Whole Foods, from an amazing purveyor of deliciousness, Humphry Slocombe.  The name came from the two lead characters in a British sitcom.  An unusual moniker for ice cream?  Perhaps.  But this ice cream is nothing short of creamy, dreamy nirvana.  Seriously!  Hey, this frozen confection is actually Zagat reviewed: "Choosing the best is almost impossible, but Humphry Slocombe is the ultimate mix of gourmet, experimental, and downright delicious."  The flavors are beyond imagination, sayeth The Food Sage.

So I will be bringing Golden Milk and Gingerbread - turmeric-infused honey milk with chocolate chip gingerbread and candied ginger.  Come on now.  If it's infused with turmeric, it's practically anti-inflammatory health food, right?

I will grab the ice cream and spoons and drive like the wind to deliver my present.  Who wouldn't love this?  And if you want a great idea for a corporate or personal holiday party, and you live in the Bay Area, you can book "Miss Betty," a 25' Humphry Slocombe ice cream truck (cool and retro-vibe-y looking), complete with two hours of staff and six flavors; or even an ice cream cart.  If you go online*, there are a number of DIY ice cream party kits that you can order, with cool names like The Secret Breakfast Sundae, Netflix and Chill, Make Your Office Party Suck Less, and more.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.  Woo hoo!  Welcome December.


*events@humphryslocombe.com

Comments

  1. Joni...Thank you so much for sharing your ice cream with me! The Golden Milk and Gingerbread was delectable...and with your gingerbread cookies, well, heavenly!! Appreciate all of the ideas in your blog! Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

About

By Joni, The Food Sage | For more information, contact Lloyd Russell - lrussell@corporatechefinc.com